Why read The Complete Beginner’s Guide to SEO? Because you need to know that:
- SEO is a tactic not a strategy and is part of an overall online marketing strategy that embraces social.
- Understanding the interplay of social and SEO is key to people finding and connecting with you.
- Google looks at 200 different factors to determine a search query result–are you a factor?
- Google rewards “real people who write great content.”
- Search engine results are influenced by your social network and social circles.
- Social sharing sends signals that helps search engines determine the quality of your content.
- “Using social media to find websites is growing faster than using search engines says Forrester Research.”
Well positioned URLs have a high number of likes, shares, tweets and plus ones, and specific URLs stand out in the top search results with a very high mass of social signals. On one hand, this means that the activity on social networks continues to increase, on the other hand it means that frequently shared content increasingly correlates with good rankings.
Searchmetrics Ranking Factors Study
Understanding how to turn the digital dials in your favor starts with creating great content. That content attracts people who visit, share and talk about you online. That’s buzz and those social signals are gold for you.
By the way, a professionally executed blog puts you on a path to being found online. I can help you with that.